Sunday, September 8, 2013

31DC2013 Day 5: Blue

I'm so sorry for the post spam tonight. I'm just determined to catch my blog up with this challenge! This is the last one for the day, I promise. :)
But anyways! The prompt for this week was blue! Since blue is one of my very favorite colors, and I own more blue polish than any other color, there are a lot of places I could have gone with this. I was so overwhelmed at first, until I looked at my hand and realized I was already wearing beautiful blue polish! I had been swatching a few Laquerlicious polishes, and it happened that the last one I had swatched was "Admire-A-Bull" from Michelle's Polish For Pitbulls collection. Michelle (@creativenailchick on Instagram) donates $10 from every pitbull polish sold to the Fresno Bully Rescue, a non-profit organization that rescues and cares for abandoned dogs. You can read more about their work at fresnobullyrescue.com. Michelle's polishes can be purchased here.

Anyways, back the the nails. :) To add to the gorgeous duochrome without doing anything too intricate, I decided to do some simple chevron and dots with China Glaze "I'm Not Lion." 

Here is a photo of Laquerlicious "Admire-A-Bull" on it's own:

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Great mani, those two colors go so well together! :) As for the blue alone: great cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, it really is a great cause:)

      Delete
  2. Wow great design! Those two shades go so nicely together! Admire-a-Bull is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete